时间：2020-08-14 15:38:58本文内容及图片来源于读者投稿,如有侵权请联系xuexila888@qq.com 炳卓 我要投稿
Harry is eighteen now. He studies in a middle school. His parents like him very much and hope he can become a famous man. So they often tell him to study hard and they do all for him. They call him at six in the morning, after breakfast his father takes him to school in a car and in the afternoon, as soon as the young man comes back, the supper is ready. Of course, he never washes his clothes or goes to buy something in the shops.
Once Harry's father was sent to London on business. He would stay there for half a year. Leaving, he told his wife to take good care of their son. The woman had to get up earlier and did all what her husband did before. And two months later she was so tired that she was ill in bed. Now the young man got into trouble. He couldn't do any housework. He had to do as his mother told him. Even he didn't know where to get on the bus!
Yesterday Harry's mother found his shoes were worn out and told him to buy a new pair in the shop. But he didn't know how to choose. The woman had a sigh and gave him a shoe pattern(鞋样) and told him to buy a pair of shoes himself. It's Saturday today and Harry doesn't go to school. With a policeman's help, he found a shop. The shopkeeper was friendly to him. The man brought a lot of shoes and asked him to choose. When he was trying on a pair, suddenly he remembered something and took them off. The man was surprised and asked, "What's the matter, young man?"
"I'm sorry, I've left the shoe pattern at home!"
1. _______ always does some housework in the morning.
A. Harry's father B. Harry's mother C. Harry D. Nobody
2. Harry's parents do all instead of him because _______.
A. he's too young B. he has poor health
C. he's busy with his studies D. they hope he spends all time on studies
4. In fact, _______.
A. Harry wanted his mother to buy shoes for him
B. Harry didn't believe himself
C. Harry wouldn't listen to his mother
D. Harry was strong enough to buy shoes for himself
1. A。细节题。根据 The woman had to get up earlier and did all what her husband did before 可以推断以前是她的丈夫做这些事的，因此应该选择 A。
2. D。细节题。根据 So they often tell him to study hard and they do all for him可知答案为D。
3. A。推断题。根据第2段第1句话 Once Harry's father was sent to London on business. He would stay there for half a year 可知答案为 A。
4. B。细节题。根据第2段最后一句 Even he didn't know where go get on the bus 可知答案为 B。
5. C。细节题。根据 And two months later she was so tired that she was ill in bed可知答案为 C。
6. B。推断题。Harry 亲自去买鞋子，却不知道自己试一试，他不相信自己的脚却只相信鞋样，因此应该选择 B。
1. ________ not to miss the flight at 15∶20，the manager set out for the airport in a hurry.
C.To remind D.Having reminded
2.(2010年高考湖南卷)Dina，________ for months to find a job as a waitress，finally took a position at a local advertising agency.
C.having struggled D.to struggle
解析：选C。此处分词短语作时间状语，其逻辑主语Dina与struggle为主动关系，故排除B项。由句中的finally可知非谓语动词表示的动作发生在句中谓语took a position之前，故用现在分词的完成主动式。
3.(2009年高考江西卷)________ the right kind of training，these teenage soccer players may one day grow into international stars.
A.Giving B.Having given
C.To give D.Given
解析：选D。考查非谓语动词。如果把句子补充完整应该是：If they are given the right kind of training，可知主语they即these teenage soccer players与give之间是被动关系，所以用过去分词。而A、B、C三项都不表示被动含义。
4.(2009年高考四川卷)________ many times，he finally understood it.
C.Having told D.Having been told
解析：选D。考查非谓语动词。tell与主语之间的关系是被动关系，故排除表示主动意义的B项和C项。由状语many times可知tell这一动作在谓语动词understand之前发生过多次，所以用having been done来表示被动和完成。
5.(2009年高考天津卷)________ by the advances in technology，many farmers have set up wind farms on their land.
A.Being encouraged B.Encouraging
C.Encouraged D.Having encouraged
解析：选C。考查非谓语动词。由于主语many farmers和作状语的encourage之间是被动关系，排除表示主动意义的B项和D项。而being encouraged除表示被动外，还表示进行。农民们显然不是正在受到科技进步的鼓舞，故排除A项。
6.(2011年汕头高二检测)________ in 1636，Harvard is one of the most famous universities in the United States.
A.Being founded B.It was founded
7.(2011年晋中高二检测)________ as the “First Lady of Speech”，Dr Lillian Glass is recognized as one of the world’s leading experts on communication skills.
A.Knowing B.Having known
C.Known D.To be known
解析：选C。 be known as被称为……。Dr Lillian Glass与know之间为被动关系，应用过去分词形式作状语。A、B表主动，应排除;D项表将来，也可排除。
8.________ more attention，the trees could have grown better.
A.Given B.To give
C.Giving D.Having given
解析：选A。考查分词作状语。句子主语the trees与give之间是被动关系，而四个选项中只有A项表示被动意义，故答案选A。Given more attention相当于一个条件状语从句If the trees were given more attention。
9.________ in thought，he almost ran into the car in front of him.
A.Losing B.Having lost
C.Lost D.To lose
解析：选C。考查分词作状语。句意：由于陷入沉思，他差一点撞到前面的车上。be lost in thought为固定搭配，意为“陷入沉思”。过去分词短语lost in thought在句中作原因状语。
10.The research is so designed that once ________ nothing can be done to change it.
A.begins B.having begun
解析：选D。考查分词作状语。句意：这项调查研究事先计划的如此完好，以至于一旦开始，什么也无法改变它。begin与research之间是被动关系，排除表示主动意义的A、B、C三项。once begun在句中作条件状语，它是状语从句once it is begun的省略形式。
11.Generally speaking，________ according to the directions，the drug has no side effect.
A.when taking B.when taken
C.when to take D.when to be taken
解析：选B。考查分词作状语。完整的说法应是when the drug is taken according to the directions...。由于主句的主语和从句的主语相同，因此可以省略从句的主语the drug和谓语的一部分is，故答案为B。
12.________ into use in April,2000，the hotline was meant for residents reporting water and heating supply breakdowns.
C.Having put D.Being put
解析：选A。考查过去分词作状语。句子的主语是the hotline与put into use“投入使用”存在被动关系，排除表示主动的B项和C项。D项表示正在投入使用，不符合语境。
13.In order not to be found，I spent the whole night ________ in my room.
C.to lock D.lock
解析：选B。考查过去分词作状语。句意：为了不被找到，我整晚上都把自己锁在自己的房间里。lock的逻辑主语I和lock之间存在被动关系，故用过去分词作伴随状语。本题易受“spend... doing sth.句型的影响，易误选A。其实我并不是把整晚上的时间都用在了“锁”这一动作上，故排除A。
14.________，liquids can be changed into gases.
A.Heating B.To be heated
15.Unless ________ to speak，you should remain silent at the conference.
C.being invited D.having invited
1.If I am offered great help，I can get rid of all the difficulties.
________ ________ ________，I can get rid of all the difficulties.
答案：Offered great help
2.Because she was frightened，she asked me to go with her.
________，she asked me to go with her.
3.If he is given time，he’ll make a first?class tennis player.________________，he’ll make a first?class tennis player.
4.He stood there silently，and he was moved to tears.
He stood there silently，________________________.
答案：moved to tears
5.When they were first introduced to the market，these products enjoyed great success.
When first ________________________________，these products enjoyed great success.
答案：introduced to the market
? 基础练1. Bhuman nature(人性)为抽象名词，表示一般概念，前面不用冠词。表示世界上独一无二的东西时，往往要加定冠词the，the universe指“世界”。
5. Dpower意为“权力，力量”;account意为“账户，记录”;way意为“途径，方法”;access意为“可以接触到”。have access to意为“可以利用，可以接触到”。句意：罗丝是史密斯先生的秘书，因此她有机会接触到他所有的商业电子邮件。
6. D句意：我早上通常会在公园慢跑，边吃早饭边看报纸。这是惯常的做法，所以选D。drill意为“操练”;action 是指具体的行动;regulation 意为“规则”;routine意为“常规”。
7. C句意：我很难说哪种酒，这是个人的口味问题。matter 意为“关于……的问题”; affair 意为“事务”;event意为“事件，运动”;variety 意为“各种各样”。故C项正确。
8. B句意：健康问题跟不良的饮食习惯和缺乏锻炼紧密相关。a lack of 意为“缺乏”;limit 意为“限制”;need 意为“需要”;demand 意为“需要”;故选lack。
9. Dhundreds of thousands of 意为“成百上千的”，是约数表达法。
10. B句意：一千美元一个月不是一大笔钱，但可以帮助支付我的生活费用。living expenses是“生活费”的意思。bill 意为“账单”;price意为“价格”;charge意为“收费”，均不合题意。
11. Dgo (out) for a walk是固定词组, 所以第一空填不定冠词;第二空表示特指去散步的精力，因此用定冠词。
14. D本题考查名词dozen 表示数量的用法。a dozen of 表示“一打”;dozens of 表示“许多，大量”，其用法和hundred 差不多。
15. Bout of shape 是固定搭配，意为“变形了”，符合句意。out of date 意为“过时的，陈旧的”;out of order 意为“出故障的”;out of balance 意为“失去平衡的”。
1. B这两个空格都应该填定冠词，因为这里说的rush?hour traffic和heavy rain均是说话双方都知道的事情。
5. Asense意为“感觉,意义”;matter意为“事件，问题”;case意为“事情，情形，案例”;opinion意为“意见, 看法, 主张”。显然A项符合题意。What?s the sense of…?意为“做……有……意义?”
6. B前一个空格处是泛指;后一个空格处的one指代resource,“that can be made once more”是定语从句，修饰先行词one。
8. A句意：——苏珊来年又来看你了吗? ——不，差不多又过了十年她才再一次来看我。the following year习惯用定冠词。在一般情况下，序数词之前要用定冠词the 而不用不定冠词a。the用于序数词前是表示动作发生的顺序“第一，第二……”，而a用于序数词前是表示动作重复的次数及顺序，译为“又一，再一”。
10. C该题考查词意和名词与介词的搭配。attitude towards/to意为“看待……的方式，态度”。point 意为“观点”;idea意为“想法，主意”;sight意为“见解，看法”，它们后面通常跟介词of。
11. C句意：这家餐馆越来越出名，因为它做的各种各样的食物适合各类人群。a range of强调一个系列，而a wide range of意为“广泛的，各种各样的”，符合题意。for引导原因状语从句，that引导定语从句。
12. B这是倍数的三种表达方式之一，即“倍数+as+形容词或副词+as…”。另外的两种方式是：“倍数+形容词或副词的比较级+than…”和“倍数+ the+ size/height/depth+ of…”。
13. Aapproach 意为“方法、手段”，和to 搭配，后接名词作宾语。其他三个名词没有这样的用法。
14. Aa number of意为“许多”;amount of 一般加不可数名词，表金额;a quantity of 既可以加可数名词也可以加不可数名词，但没有平均每年增加的意思。
15. C根据句意“孩子们必须被教会怎样应付各种各样危险的情况。”state 意为“状态，状况”;condition 意为“条件，状况”;position 意为“位置，处境，职位”。
? 基础练1. Afriendly意为“友好的，友善的”;lively意为“活泼的，愉快的”;worried意为“焦虑的”;cold意为“冷淡的，不热情的”。根据前面的“In spite of repeated wrongs done to him”可知A项符合题意。
2. C第一个空的better与后面的rather than构成比较结构;第二空的better是与后面的ill相对应，即在人们生病后恢复健康。这句话的大概意思是：与其生病后治疗以恢复健康，不如花钱提高人们的生活质量以预防疾病的发生。
6. B由上文“约翰上星期被解雇了”可知，他对工作的态度是“漫不经心、马虎的”，所以选B。informal 意为“不正式的”;determined意为“有决心的”;earnest 意为“认真的，严肃的”。
7. C由“汤姆现在打不开文件”可推知原因是“他意外地了一个病毒到电脑里”。readily意为“乐意地，便利地”;horribly 意为“可怕地”;irregularly 意为“不定时地”;accidentally 意为“意外地，偶然地”;故选C。
8. Bbe fresh to意为“对……无经验的”;be familiar to sb意为“对于某人来说是熟悉的”;be similar to意为“和……相似”;be sensitive to意为“对……敏感”。
11. Abe interested in是一个常用短语，表示“对……感兴趣”;interesting 表示“令人感兴趣的”。
12. Cenough 修饰形容词或副词时通常放在它们的后面，此题easily 是用于修饰整个短语“make one?s way to…”;学生会误选easy来修饰way，这样就无法体现这个短语的意思了。
13. Bquite a few 是一个常用短语，修饰可数名词的复数形式。
14. Dsb/sth be likely to do sth意为“可能做某事”。possible用于句型It?s possible for sb to do/It?s possible that...。possibly 和probably是副词。
15. Bmuch 常用于修饰形容词或副词的比较级，此空应为形容词作表语。
4. Cdevote oneself to 意为“把一切献给了……”，所以选entirely (全部，完全地)。strongly意为“强烈地”;extremely意为“极其，非常”;freely意为“自由地，随意地”。
7. D根据上文“水吸收和放出大量的热量，因此温度变化不大”。这就创造了一个“稳定的环境”。peaceful意为“和平的，安详的”;sensitive意为“敏感的”;common 意为“普通的”;stable意为“稳定的”。
9. A由encouraging 可知此处指“几乎(nearly)”可以不需要帮助就能下床。
12. Acommon 意为“常见的”;normal 意为“正常的”;ordinary 意为“一般的，普通的”;usual 意为“通常的”。
13. Dtake something personally意为“把……看成是针对个人的,个人意气用事”;typically意为“典型地, 代表性地, 通常地”;actually意为“实际上地”;exactly意为“精确地”。句意：她的妈妈说：“玛丽，老师在课堂上说一些泛泛之言和难听话，你不要认为是针对你的，只要你尽了力就行了。”
14. Bhopefully 意为“有希望地”，符合题意。eagerly 意为“渴望地”;immediately 意为“立即，马上”;gradually 意为“逐渐地”。
15. Aless 为little 的比较级，用于修饰不可数名词;older 则表示“比较老的、比较陈旧的”;elder意为“年长的”。
? 基础练1. B由actually可知，说话者表示两种游戏都不喜欢。not…both…表示部分否定;not…either…相当于neither，表示两者都不。none 表示三者以上都不;not…neither… 双重否定表示肯定，与句意不符。
3. Dboth表示“两者都”，这里指利用网络和图书馆两种方式。neither意为“两者都不”;some意为“一些”;all 意为“(三者或三者以上的)全部”。
4. Bthose在此指代上文的the services，即该句的主语they。it指代上文提到的同一个事物;that指代不可数名词;the one特指某一个。句意：“这家旅馆的服务怎么样?”“这里的服务即使不比你们的好，至少也和你们差不多。”
5. Baddress sth to sb意为“把信寄给某人”。it指代上文提到的postcard，herself是反身代词，指“她自己”。
6. D形式主语it代替后面“the way he keeps changing his mind”。
8. A根据上文“这本书很有价值”可知下文要表达的意思是要认真阅读才有收获，nothing 和unless 双重否定来表示肯定的意思。
9. A该题考查短语“have sb do sth”,代词作宾语用宾格，students 是us的同位语。
10. B根据回答“非常好”可知下文要表达的意思是“只有音乐天才才能表演得那么成功”。none but 意为“除了没有，只有”。
13. A句中的one指代a scientist, who doesn?t(speak or write English)是定语从句，修饰这一先行词。
1. Canother time是指“另外(找个)时间”。其他搭配不当。
2. A根据but可知，应该选A、B中的一个。因为but表示后面与前面构成转折关系;另外，none表示数量，即“(在一定范围内的)没有一个”，而no one没有范围，只是指“没有人”。故A项符合题意。
3. C这里的itself代指前面的“the human body”。
6. C此题中it 代替后面的“when and where the meeting would be held”这件事。
8. C句意：“你喜欢哪种菜?”“不是日本菜就行。”据此排除选项A和D。nothing but意为“仅仅”;anything but意为“远非，绝不是”。
9. C此处it指代“you don?t like her”。
12. B句意：与大城市如纽约的餐馆相比，格林太太更喜欢小城市的餐厅。one指代上文中的a restaurant, 属于泛指同类事物中的一个。
Dave needed to pack for Saturday’s fishing trip. He went into his hall closet, where he had more than 20 rods and reels. Nowadays he went fishing twice a year at Big Bear, a huge lake in southern California about 7,000 feet up in the mountains.
California tries to boost the fishing industry by sponsoring a Free Fishing Day twice a year, once in June and once in September. That sufficed for Dave. He went mostly because it was a social event with a few friends, not so much to catch fish. Even by itself, the scenic drive up a twisty two-lane road was worth the trip. Not to mention the big, beautiful houses and trees that lined the shore of the lake.
Packing was a project in itself. Dave had even created a computer file named Fishing Trip. It was a checklist of 45 things to take to Big Bear. He took two rods, because on Free Fishing Day you were allowed to fish with two rods instead of the usual one rod. He took a hooded sweatshirt, jeans, two pair of socks, a heavy hooded denim jacket, winter gloves, and a scarf. He also took flip-flops, shorts, a T-shirt, sunglasses, a big hat, and a lightweight raincoat. If you go to Big Bear in June, you’d better be prepared for hot or cold, rain or shine.
He packed a couple of magazines to read just in case the fish weren’t biting. He and his friends joked that the fish were always biting - in the spot you just left or the spot you were headed to.
After about an hour and a half, Dave had gathered all the items on his list into a neat pile next to his door. He went to bed knowing that tomorrow’s weather and fishing were unpredictable, but the good time with his friends was a gift.
1. The long climb left Jane feeling ________(令人屏息的，气喘吁吁).
2. What you say now is not ________(一致的，相符的)with what you said last week.
3. I’m going to start ________(减肥)after Christmas.
4. My luggage was ________(超重的)by five kilos.
5. If anything happens to her, I’ll always have it on my ________(良心，良知).
6. It’s bad ________(礼貌)to speak to your parents like that.
7. As a critic, his writing is far too ________(主观的).
8. One ________(缺点，不利因素)of New York in the summer is the heat.
9. Jenny’s such a ________( 逗人喜爱的)little girl that everyone likes her.
10. She overcame her ________(最初的)shyness and really enjoyed the evening.
We often close ourselves off when painful events happen in our life. Instead of letting the world soften us, we let it drive us deeper into ourselves. 1
The item listed below are four tips you can open your heart more fully and completely.
1.Breathe into pain
Whenever a painful situation arises in your life, try to face it instead of running away. 2 When the sadness strikes, take a deep breath and accept it. By using our breath, we soften our experiences and allow more newness.
We’re often confused at the next step to take. Actually, we can try a new decision making process. To start the process, we may ask, “Heart, what decision should I make here? What action feels the most right?” See what comes up, then put it into practice and evaluate the outcome.
3.Spend time alone
For most of our life we’re surrounded by people: our friends, family members and strangers. 4 When you spend time in solitude(孤独), you’re free from the influence of other people. It might be painful at first, but eventually you’ll add a whole new layer of depth and understanding into life.
4.Get out of yourself
5 But in reality, they actually work hand-in-hand. After you’ve explored the depth of yourself, you come away with a new understanding.
Now, it’s time to share that, not through telling others, but through being with others.
A.Have a light heart
B.Ask your heart what it wants
C.Is there anything I’m hiding from myself?
D.How often do we really spend time alone?
E.This may seem to go against the last tip to some degree.
F.We should open our hearts and take action to heal the wounds.
G.When we run away from sadness, it gets stronger and more real.
That cold January night, I was growing sick of my life in San Francisco. There I was, walking home at one in the morning after a tiring practice at the theater. With opening night only a week away, I was still learning my lines. I was having trouble dealing with my part-time job at the bank and my acting at night at the same time. As I walked, I thought seriously about giving up both acting and San Francisco. City life had become too much for me.
As I walked down empty streets under tall buildings, I felt very small and cold. I began running, both to keep warm and to keep away any possible robbers(抢劫犯). Very few people were still out except a few sad-looking homeless people under blankets.
About a block from my apartment, I heard a sound behind me. I turned quickly, half expecting to see someone with a knife or a gun. The street was empty. All I saw was a shining streetlight. Still, the noise had made me nervous, so I started to run faster. Not until I reached my apartment building and unlocked the door did I realize what the noise had been. It had been my wallet falling to the sidewalk.
Suddenly I wasn’t cold or tired anymore. I ran out of the door and back to where I’d heard the noise. Although I searched the sidewalk anxiously for fifteen minutes, my wallet was nowhere to be found.
Just as I was about to give up the search, I heard the garbage truck(垃圾车) pull up to the sidewalk next to me. When a voice called from the inside, “Alisa Camacho?” I thought I was dreaming. How could this man know my name? The door opened, and out jumped a small red-haired man with an amused look in his eyes. “Is this what you’re looking for?” he asked, holding up a small square shape.
It was nearly 3 a.m. by the time I got into bed. I wouldn’t get much sleep that night, but I had got my wallet back. I also had got back some enjoyment of city life. I realized that the city couldn’t be a bad place as long as people were willing to help each other.
1. How did the writer feel when she was walking home after work?
A. Cold and sick B. Lucky and hopeful
C. Satisfied and cheerful D. Disappointed and helpless
2. From the first paragraph, we learn that the writer was busy_____.
A. solving her problem at the bank B. taking part in various city activities
C. learning acting in an evening school D. preparing for the first night show
3. On her way home the writer_____
A. lost her wallet unknowingly B. was stopped by a garbage truck driver
C. was robbed of her wallet by a man with a knife D. found some homeless people following her
4. In the fifth paragraph, why did the writer say she was dreaming?
A. Someone offered to take her back home B. A red-haired man came to see her.
C. She heard someone call her name D. Her wallet was found in a garbage truck
5. From the text, we can infer that the writer_____
A. would stop working at night B. would stay on in San Francisco
C. would make friends with cleaners. D. would give up her job at the bank
Bringing Art into Hospitals.
The medical world is slowly realizing that the quality of the environment in hospitals may play an important role in helping patients to recover.
As part of a nationwide effort in Britain to bring art out of the museums and into public places, some of the country’s best artists have been called in to change older hospitals and to soften the hard, modern buildings. Of the 2500 national health service hospitals in Britain, almost 100 now have collections of art in passages, waiting areas and treatment rooms.
These recent movements were first started by one artist, Peter Senior, who set up his studio at a Manchester hospital in northeastern England during the early 1970’s. He felt the artist had lost his place in modern society, and that art should be enjoyed by more people.
A common hospital waiting room might have as many as 5000 visitors each week. What a good place to hold exhibitions of art! Senior held the first exhibition of his own paintings in the waiting area of the Manchester Royal Hospital in 1975. Believed to be Britain’s first hospital artist, Senior was so much in demand that he was soon joined by a team of six young art school graduates.
The effect is amazing. Now in the passages and waiting rooms the visitors experience a full view of fresh colors, playful images and restful courtyards.
The quality of the environment may reduce the need for expensive drugs when a patient is recovering from an illness. A study has shown that a patient who had a view onto gardens needed half the number of strong pain killers compared with patients who had no view at all or only a brick wall to look at.
6. Some best artists of Britain have been called in to_____.
A. set up new hospitals B. make the corners of hospital collect paintings
C. bring art into hospitals D. help patients recover from serious illness
7. After the improvement of the hospital environment, _____.
A. patients no longer take drugs to kill their pains
B. patients don’t have to stay long in hospital
C. patients need fewer pain killers when they suffer from an illness
D. patients feel happy in hospital
8. It can be inferred from the passage that_____.
A. the role of hospital environment is being recognized
B. hospital artists have done more than doctors
C. exhibitions attract more people in hospitals than in museums
D. the hospitals is a better place for people than the museum in Britain
A person, like a commodity (商品), needs packaging. But going too far is absolutely undesirable. A little exaggeration, however, does no harm when it shows the person’s unique qualities to their advantages. To show personal attractiveness in a casual and natural way, it is important for one to have a clear knowledge of oneself. A skilled packager knows how to add art to nature without any signs of embellishment (装饰), so that the person so packaged is not a commodity but a human being, lively and lovely.
A young person, especially a female, shining with beauty and full of life, has all the favor granted by God. Any attempt to make up would be self-defeating. Youth, however, comes and goes in a flash. Packaging for the middle-aged is primarily to hide the marks made by years. If you still enjoy life enough to keep self-confidence and work at pioneering work you are unique in through plains, mountains and jungles, running its course as it should. You have really lived your life, which now arrives at a self-satisfied stage of quietness and calmness with no interest in fame or wealth. There is no need to make us of hair dyeing. The snow-capped mountain itself is a beautiful scene of fairyland. Let your looks change from young to old in step with the natural ageing process so as to keep in harmony (和谐) with nature, for harmony itself is beauty, while the other way round will only end in unpleasantness. To be in the elder’s company is like reading a thick book of deluxe (better quality) edition that attracts one so much as to be unwilling to part with.
As long as one find where on stands, one knows how to package oneself, just as a commodity sets up its brand by the right packaging.
9. It can be concluded from the text that _______.
A. people should be packed at all ages B. people should be packed in a special way
C. elderly people also care about packing D. proper packing makes people attractive
10. For the middle-aged, attractiveness _______.
A. hardly exists B. is the strongest
C. comes from the inside D. comes from the appearance
11. The underlined sentence means that elderly people _______.
A. are usually packed like a finely-made book
B. experience a lot and have a rich knowledge of life
C. do a lot of traveling and can give you much information
D. enjoy reading thick books of beautiful nature and fairylands
6. 情人眼里出西施。(in the eyes of)
7. 美的标准随着时代及文化的不同而变化着。(change with)
8. 受时代、社会和文化的影响，没有一定的衡量标准来判断什么是美。(with the influence of)
1. breathless 2. consistent 3. slimming 4. overweight 5. conscience
6. manners 7. subjective 8. drawback 9. cute 10. initial
1.F 2.G 3.B 4.D 5.E
1-5 DDACB 6-8 CCA 9-11 DCB
1. Every one of us is influenced by the school.
2. Now the students are restricted to the schoolyard except on Sunday and Saturday.
3. After we came into the new school, we adapted to the change quickly.
4. Everybody likes her because she is considered warm – hearted.
5. With the pollution increasing, some animals and plants are dying out.
6. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
7. Standards of beauty change with time and cultural groups.
8. With the influence of history, society and culture, there are no precise criteria which can be used to judge what is beauty.
9. She delivered too wonderful a speech and cheers drowned her voice.
10. Unlike the USA, China has a large population.
The crowd at the airport surged forward. The passengers had been waiting for a couple of hours for an airline employee to open the door leading to the plane outside. No one was in a good mood. An old man got trapped in the middle of the rush. He fell down without being able to break his fall. His head hit the concrete floor. Blood gushed from his forehead. He appeared to be unconscious. Everyone rushed past him, except for Dana. She called for help.
A minute later, a young airline employee showed up. Hardly looking at the old man, she told Dana to get aboard her plane. She said the old man would be okay, and walked away.
Dana screamed for help. An airport supervisor appeared. He told Dana to get on the plane. Dana said that she was not moving until an ambulance arrived. The supervisor said her plane would leave without her. Dana said that she didn’t care.
An ambulance and two paramedics finally arrived. The paramedics said that the man would be okay, but he would need stitches. They put him into the ambulance and drove off.
On her way out to the plane, which was still refueling, Dana saw the employee who had initially ignored the old man. The employee said, “You’re lucky the plane didn’t leave without you.”
“The plane?” Dana asked. “Who cares about the plane? How could you be so cold? That was an old man; he could have been your grandfather! How would you like it if everyone just stepped over your grandfather and went on their way?”
1. Although she is young, she is very i________. She seldom relies on others to decide.
2. The clothes a person wears may express his s_______ or social position.
3. Don’t m________ me. Actually, I am very grateful for all you’ve done.
4. F________ speaking, I am not surprised that you failed this time.
5. Fresh air will be b________ to your health recovery.
6. The ability to keep calm in an emergency is one of her many _________(长处).
7. We students should be fully aware of the __________(重要意义)of learning English well.
8. With these severe __________(限制)on her communication, Helen’s behavior was often unbearable.
9. Don’t (犹豫)to call me if you need any help.
10. Our tour guide will (陪同，伴随)you and tell you everything you need to know.
In my free time, I really like surfing the Internet. When I get home from work, I turn on my computer, wait until it boots up__1____ (complete), and then I go online. I usually check my email first and then write a few messages __2____ family and friends. I sometimes scan the local news headlines at ___3___ favorite news Website and read up on the latest local and international news. This Website often provides video news clips____4___ you can view online. I sometimes order products or service online to save money and time instead of going to a store and__5____(buy) what I'm looking for. For example, I ___6____? (order)a digital camera online the other day and saved about $50. Whatever I do, I realize that there are problems__7_____ using the Internet including scams, identify theft, and viruses, so I'm very careful not to give out my ____8_____ (person) information. Furthermore, I don't download or open files I don't recognize. __9____(use) the Internet can be fun and a convenient way of shopping and finding out new information, but you just need to be _____10___(care).
Beth, my favourite dog, was murdered on November 25th, 2006. Here I use the word “murder” without __1__, because I know the killers were my __2__ members. Though the dog was not as strong and beautiful as others, she __3__ my childhood and I loved her.
Beth was killed because she bit my __4__. Dad was so angry that he decided to kill her. I was unable to __5__ my father and I dared not look on at that moment.
But I can imagine how __6__ and painful she was when she was __7__ between life and death. She __8__ have been calling me for help. __9__, I could do nothing but cry.
Her death was caused by a bite, but has every one of my family thought why she went out of her __10__ to bite people that day? The person just moved into our community last week and Beth was not familiar with him. She bit him to keep her owner safe. Should we __11__ her life because of her __12__?
Human beings sometimes are selfish and __13__ to animals. When the animal is useful, they __14__ to be kind. But once the animal makes them angry or becomes useless, people __15__ it, alongside all sweet __16__ about it.
How terrible! How I wish God had told me the end of her life __17__. Even if there was only one day, I would have taken a day off to __18__ with her in the field. I’d untie the line around her __19__ and let her run free __20__ she was tired enough to go to sleep near my feet…
1. A. anger B. hesitation C. excuse D. complaint
2. A. family B. team C. human D. class
3. A. guided B. followed C. accompanied D. protected
4. A. classmate B. teacher C. friend D. neighbour
5. A. stop B. refuse C. persuade D. warn
6. A. disappointed B. separated C. helpless D. hopeless
7. A. struggling B. fighting C. shouting D. crying
8. A. should B. must C. could D. might
9. A. Instead B. Therefore C. However D. Besides
10. A. mind B. control C. place D. way
11. A. end B. kill C. complete D. give
12. A. kindness B. love C. mistake D. concern
13. A. cruel B. impolite C. rude D. stupid
14. A. determine B. appear C. pretend D. try
15. A. desert B. blame C. forget D. throw
16. A. events B. incidents C. memories D. laughs
17. A. before B. immediately C. in time D. in advance
18. A. walk B. relax C. communicate D. chase
19. A. neck B. head C. feet D. body
20. A. unless B. so C. until D. if
Last weekend, I helped my grandparents with their trip to the Dalian. In Saturday morning, together?with my grandparents, I search the Internet for the train schedule, the weather in Dalian, and some hotel informations. In the afternoon, they went to the train station and managed to buy two tickets for my grandparents although there had a long queue. After dinner, I packed the things into the suitcase, what my grandparents would need, such as clothes, glasses, an umbrella, a map. The next morning, I went to the station to see them off. Waved goodbye to them on the platform, I felt happily for them and wished them a safe journey.
1. independent 2. status 3. misunderstand 4. Frankly 5. beneficial
6. strengths 7. significance 8. restrictions 9. hesitate 10. accompany
1.completely 2.to 3.my 4.Which/that 5.buying 6.ordered 7.with 8.personal 9.Using 10.careful
1-5 BACDA 6-10 CABCD 11-15 ACABA 16-20 CDBAC
1. 去掉the 2. In-On 3. search?searched 4.informations-information
5. they-I 6. had-was 7. what-which 8. ∧a?and a map
9.Waved-Waving 10. happily-happy